Monday, December 12, 2011

Changing my dell xps 420 video card from ati 2400pro to 8800gts?

i recently bought a new dell xps420 from original purchaser(computer was only 3 days used).

it has ati 2400pro in it, but it has only 128mb memory, which is not enough for me to play games.

my major game play is world of warcraft, but i only get 20-25 fps with my 20'' monitor with moderate settings.

i am upgrading the monitor to 24'' as well soon, so i decided to get a better gpu.

i found out that the stock psu is powerful enough for the new bfg geforce 8800gts(g92), and also my case is big enough to put that thing insdie.... but my question is,



should i unstall the driver which already has been installed for the ati 2400pro before i install the new card?



if so, how do i do it?

and whould i uninstall the ati catalyst as well?



is it really pain in the *** replacing the video card with dell xps 420? since i saw some ppl said that in diff forum.Changing my dell xps 420 video card from ati 2400pro to 8800gts?
Make sure the computer can be upgraded with that type of graphics card and make sure the slots will work together. As far as deleting the other graphic cards drivers, i dont think it will be a problem that i know off(could be wrong). It should let you add the new drivers for the 8800 gts without removing the old drivers.Changing my dell xps 420 video card from ati 2400pro to 8800gts?
yeah I heard that it's hard to reach the clip that holds the card in place, but make sure it uses PCI express.

No comments:

Post a Comment