Monday, December 12, 2011

My monitor keeps losing signal, is my video card going bad?

I have an nVidia geForce 6800LE (128) graphics card. The monitor is brand new because I thought initially it was the monitor and replaced it. I know how salty a new video card can be, is it possible to change the setting to speed up the capabilities of the v card? Would it correct the problem or make it worse? (And no I don't know how to over-clock the video card) Could it be anything else?My monitor keeps losing signal, is my video card going bad?
First Check the power cables going to your monitor sometimes where it plugs into the monitor doesn't make a good conection there. Next check that the video cable is screwed into the video card, this connection gets loose also. Make sure the card is seated in the slot in the motherboard tightly. You can also make sure you have the latest drivers for your video card at Http://www.dvidia.com



if these are ok then try another monitor and see if it does the same thing, if it does then it is probably the card, if the diffrent monitor acts ok then you need to have the monitor that blanks out checked.



Changing the video cards refresh rate probably won't fix it, but if you try don't go more that one step above or below where it defaults to or it may go black and stay that way. And you can not overclock the cardMy monitor keeps losing signal, is my video card going bad?
have you opened the case and made sure it was plugged in good ? have you checked its driver ? both could case the symptoms you described.



To check the driver

start - control panel - system - hardware - device manager

look for any ! ot x marks

if found delete them and reboot windows

No comments:

Post a Comment