Monday, December 12, 2011

How to share my RAM with my Video Card?

My on board video card NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE is supposed to be able to except a shared memory of 512MB from my RAM. However, the way I was told to do it (Go into BIOS and find the Graphics Apertexture and raise the amount of shared RAM) I cannot find. I go into the bios (F1 on startup)

but I can seem to find this option anywhere. Can't find anything about a video card, except where it asks, Primary video card. It had PCI marked, but I changed it to on board to see if it bring up a new box to choose how much to share. No such thing happened, and I restarted my computer to see if it needed to refresh first. Anyway, is there any other way I can share my RAM with my video card if I can't do it that way?



Thanks for the help,

MattHow to share my RAM with my Video Card?
No, It does not seem your bios supports it either... You might have a bios update that adds it. Other than that you will have to buy a new motherboard and maybe a new proccessor to fix the motherboard you want.How to share my RAM with my Video Card?
Only the motherboard manufacturer's specs can answer that for you. There is no other way to share RAM unless the board supports it.

No comments:

Post a Comment