Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I speed up videos when I run them with Firefox?

i have an old ibook and it works great except when i want to stream videos on youtube or hulu. what are some tips to make the vidoes run more smooth on an ibook running 10.3.9 X without changing the graphics/video card?



ThanksHow do I speed up videos when I run them with Firefox?
may b the ram is less on your ibook...tht's y it buffers less and vdo becomes slow because it's not buffered fully...How do I speed up videos when I run them with Firefox?
It looks like the processor (CPU) speed and RAM are not sufficient to play resource-intensive flash videos.



I would experiment with other browsers (e.g. Opera, Safari); update flash player; upgrade RAM as suggested before.



It might also be wise to quite all other applications that are running (Apple+Tab shows running applications and allows fast switching between them).



Whenever possible, another 'solution' would be to download the video if possible and play it with VLC player [1], which seems to use less resources than the player plug-in within the browser.



Unfortunately all these steps might not be enough :(



[1] http://www.videolan.org
I think it's your internet connection that's slow not your computer.

No comments:

Post a Comment