Monday, December 12, 2011

Possible to add more Video RAM for usage?

I have an HP Pavilion dv9000 laptop. Dual Core AMD with 2GB RAM. Everything about is great except one thing: the video card's RAM.



These are my technical specs of the card I have on my laptop:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v30/Me



Is there ANY way to allocate more Video RAM to my laptop? I read someplaces that it's possible to double it through the BIOS. Will it work for this laptop? How do I do it? If not, any idea if this laptop has a spot where I can change/add a video card? Thanks.Possible to add more Video RAM for usage?
That's only really possible if your laptop's video card actually shares ram with the system. Many computers with S3 cards have shard VRAM. Vista allocates RAM to the video cards to enhance performance, the only negative is that it takes from system RAM. Now days many manufacturers have been selling Video Cards for laptops. This is because the use of PCI- Express in laptops is becoming more popular than integrated. My Sony Vaio had a GeForce Go 7400, I went to the Sony website and then I went to support. I asked if there were any video card upgrades for my pc, there was. It was a GeForce Go 7900 (I think, maybe 7600). Just check with HP for a Video Card upgrade for your laptop. But for reassurance, HP has been well known for using video cards that use ';Shared'; RAM. Hope this helps!Possible to add more Video RAM for usage?
There's nothing like Video RAM. You mean graphics card? Graphic Cards (like NVIDIA GeForce Go 7600) can't be added post purchase.



Graphics cards are not available with USB ports etc so you cant add them externally either.



I belive your model has a NVIDIA graphics card with decent dedicated and shared memory.



Conventional RAM can be increased further, but since you already have 2GB (probably 2 x 1GB layout) I doubt that can be increased any further in your case.
You cant add RAM to a video card and it would be pointless anyway, when you can just buy a better video card. But keep in mind your computers processor may not handle a better video card. Or its motherboard.
  • brown hair
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment