Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I upgrade to a 1.3 or higher video card?

I just uploaded DAZ STUDIO 3 from the Internet. It told me my computer has a GL version 1.2. How to I change to a higher version to get started with the graphics programs? Where do I go? What sites? Etc.How do I upgrade to a 1.3 or higher video card?
Opengl support comes with your video card or motherboard. Basically what you need to know is whether your motherboard/graphics card has opengl 1.3 support. You could type the name of your computer in the internet and download recent drivers if you bought your computer as a package. If you have a graphics card just type the name of that in and download the more recent drivers for it. If its really old, it wont have opengl 1.3 support and I would recommend getting a new graphics card. www.geeks.com sells them for cheap, you have to know whether you need a agp or pci express graphics card though. If your computer doesnt support either than you might have to go with a regular pci card.

No comments:

Post a Comment