Monday, December 12, 2011

How should I go about unstalling old video drivers and installing new ones?

Hello

My new 8600GT will be here for Monday, but I've heard a lot about the importance of removing your old video drivers before installing your new ones. Please correct me if I'm wrong, because I've had a lot of trouble trying to do this correctly over the years:



1. Uninstall the drivers (Mine are Intel onboard), just form Computer%26gt;Uninstall/change programs

2. Install the new video card

3. Download and install the new drivers from Nvidia's site.



Is this correct?How should I go about unstalling old video drivers and installing new ones?
If you are going from an onboard to and PCIe card I wouldn't remove the old drivers. I only do this when upgrading the card in the same slot, going from an PCIe ATI card to a nVidia PCIe card. You do not need to remove the intel drivers.How should I go about unstalling old video drivers and installing new ones?
Correct

No comments:

Post a Comment