Monday, December 12, 2011

How to know if a video card is compatible with my motherboard?

I finally have enough money to change my stupid 8400 GS card.

I have a BIOSTAR P4M900-M7 FE motherboard. Are the nVidia 8800 GT or ATI HD4850 compatible with it?

It has a PCI-E 16x slot, but I'm not sure if that is enough. You tell me :PHow to know if a video card is compatible with my motherboard?
It is compatible.



Happy Gaming!How to know if a video card is compatible with my motherboard?
Yes either card will install and run fine. The HD 4850 would be the best choice. It is about the same perfromance - slightly better on less wattage and less cost.



http://www.gpureview.com/show_cards.php?
Yes, it is compatible. the problem may not be with the motherboard but in your power supply, does it have enough wattage to power new types of video adapters known to be power hungry? you may need a 500 Watt PSU if you have normal setup like 1 Hard Disk, 1 DVD/CD player, I video card, , modem, fans etc. and instead of HD 4850 why not go to HD 5770 1GB? they are about the same price!
Yes. Thats enough. Both the cards will work.



But go for GTS 250 instead of 8800 GT and 5770 instead of 4850 by increasing your budget a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment