Monday, December 12, 2011

How much video card would I need for HDTV?

I have a computer hooked up to my home theater system. I'm currently using an analog TV / capture card and an ATI 9600 8X AGP video card to display the video on my TV.



If I changed the TV card to a digital / hi-def card.... How much video card would I need to smoothly display the hi-def video? Is there an 8X AGP card that would work or would I have to start over with a mainboard that has a PCI Express slot?



Thanks MUCH if anybody knows...How much video card would I need for HDTV?
You could get a Radeon 2400HD. It's reasonably priced ($100) and it's AGP 8X compable.How much video card would I need for HDTV?
My guess would be at least 128-256-512 MB because HDTV demnads more graphics i hope this helps
The Radeon 2400HD is one of the few cards that will support HDTV and is AGP compatable. Normally this stuff would be the more modern PCI-E.
Hmm this would be a perfect time to skip PCIex16 and move up straight to PCIex16 2.0 thanks to the new 780G motherboards which have the current leader in integrated graphics which are good enough for HDTV, etc!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcbGV6Pfb

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as

No comments:

Post a Comment