Friday, November 19, 2010

Changing Video Output?

I am wondering how to change the Video Output on my comp from the standard VGA to a New Video Card that I put in when I read the manual it says it does automatically but I guess it didn't. I have already tried going to system setup and changing the video adapter from onboard to PCI-Express but nothing happens it still says in the device manager that it is still working with the standard vga adapter wich is odd because I have the monitar hooked up to the Graphics card.Changing Video Output?
try go to your screen, right click go to properties. then u choose setting (go to advanced setting). u will see a lot of tabs. go to adapter. u can show all list. then u disabled the old one. and enabled the new one.



or maybe u can try go to device manager, if u already installed new cga, it will show on the list. make sure you enabled it

then applyChanging Video Output?
If you have the monitor hooked up to the graphics card, and it is displaying things, then the card is working, hardware-wise. Windows is still reporting it as a VGA adapter, because it is still using the standard drivers. If your card came with an installation CD, make sure to run it in order to install the proper drivers for your new card.

No comments:

Post a Comment