Friday, November 19, 2010

Dell inspiron 1150 video card and graphics (BIOS) question?

I SAW THIS QUESTION AND ANSWER FROM ANOTHER USER ABOUT HIS COMPUTER

Change BIOS video RAM?

I was looking around in the BIOS, (the BIOS options for my laptop suck) I saw ';video RAM'; and was given the option to change the default. and was wondering what happens if I change It. and what is overclocking?



A. the computer has an onboard video card, and is using ram from the computer for rendering grafics, if you were to change that to higher, you may see a difference in the speed of the computer (it will get slower, or lock up if you dont have atleast a gig of ram in it )



NOW... my computer is a dell inspiron 1150 and my graphics are slow when i play even an old game... so I upgraded to 1GB of RAM... low and behold, no improvement whatsoever, so i updated my video driver and directX, still no better. My computer should be capable of better performance (im playing C%26amp;C generals)

SO.. can anyone tell me exactly how to assign more graphics memory using my BIOS like i just heard above?Dell inspiron 1150 video card and graphics (BIOS) question?
When you have integrated graphics it shares memory with system RAM. Since you have a gig of RAM, allocate more to graphics.



----------------

UPDATE:

';Yes, that is what I want to do... but HOW?';



You do it in the BIOS, where you saw the option the first time.



--------------------

UPDATE 2



What key you hit to enter the BIOS differs from computer to computer. For some, you hit the ';Delete'; key during boot up, for others it's F2 during boot up, etc. etc.



When the computer is booting up you'll usually see a quick message on the screen that says something like ';press f2 (or whatever) to enter setup';. That's the key you want to hit. Once you're in the BIOS look around, BIOS's vary. Look in either memory settings or video display settings. You'll eventually find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment