Sunday, November 21, 2010

How to add a video card in a laptop?

I'm thinking to add a video card in my laptop that is (Windows 98). Where i have to install or i have to change the motherboard. What I have to do. Tell me more about it.How to add a video card in a laptop?
Every answer so far has missed a very critical point, you can't add a video card (or upgrade the video card) in a laptop. And no, you can't change the motherboard in a laptop either. With a laptop, hardware wise you are stuck with the motherboard and video card that came with it. Now, you can upgrade the hard drive and memory. Besides, even IF you could add a video card to the laptop, if it shipped with Windows 98, it has to be at least 6 years old, if not more. I know what desktops were like back then and I know in their default configuration they wouldn't have a prayer of playing any modern game and that would not improve with the addition of a video card due to processor and memory limitations. The same is true even more so for your laptop. The answer is to buy a new laptop and I happen to like this one (though I don't know what kind of budget we are talking about here), http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asHow to add a video card in a laptop?
go to best buy..

they will do it for you
cant.. need to buy new lap
It will cost you a lot less buying a newer one! Changing the video card is possible (but not the motherboard!!!).
You might want to totally upgrade your laptop to Windows XP, so that a video card that gets installed will work. I doubt Windows 98 will support certain video cards, and I also doubt someone will want to work on a Win98 laptop. Sorry!
buy a new dell laptop

No comments:

Post a Comment