Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I find what video card I have?

I have a Dimension C521 and I am having a problem. World of Warcraft, a game I play is not working. When I attempt to launch it, it sais the following:



';Failed to find a suitable display device. Exiting program.';



I have tried a ton of ways to try to see what video card I have, but none worked. I have never changed my video card, so if the Dimension C521 has a ';default'; video card that it comes with, please let me know. Thanks.How do I find what video card I have?
http://www.dell.com/content/products/pro





there are 3 different video card options you could have selected:



256MB ATI Radeon X1300 Pro

128MB ATI Radeon X1300

Integrated NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE graphic GPU



i am almost certain that you have the integrated graphics and WoW cannot recognize it or it is insufficient. to check you can open up your case and see if you have any occupied slots other than a multimedia controller and/or your sound card. if you have an open pci, pci-e, or even AGP slot, i recommend getting a better video card.How do I find what video card I have?
Try this:



From you desktop, click the START button, then select RUN, then type in the box: dxdiag and click OK. Your computer will run a scan of everything. Select the DISPLAY tab to see all the specifications for you display/graphics.



Good luck!
Video NVIDIA GeForce 6150 LE Integrated
check out this program it will tell you all of the information you could ever need about your graphics card

http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/137
Type MSINFO32 in run box.Expand Components.Click on display.



Or type dxdiag in run box.

No comments:

Post a Comment