Saturday, November 13, 2010

How to change video card if you can't load new drivers?

The question is a bit vague, what I want to know is, if I change my video card, my P.C. will have the drivers installed for the card I take out. When I slot in the new card and turn on the P.C., how can I see any loading instructions because I won't have the new drivers on yet?How to change video card if you can't load new drivers?
You can always start your PC in VGA mode... Most if not all cards support VGA.How to change video card if you can't load new drivers?
All you need to do is to put the card in, then pop in the disk that came with the video card. Basically when you don't have the drivers in, the computer will run off of a very crappy video card that is built into the motherboard. If you do not have the drivers on a disk, you can easily get them from nvidia's website or whatever company you bought your card from. Another tool that I use personally to check that all of my drivers are up to date is DriverMax: http://www.innovative-sol.com/drivermax/

It is designed to download new drivers and install them when you run a scan for new drivers! Its truely an awesome download and saves you time. It also searches other components to see if they need an update also. It keeps your computer running smooth on all fronts.
Best practice is delete the old drivers, shut down PC, remove old card and fit new one. reboot - you'll get poor resolutioin and maybe only 16 colour till you install the drivers.



Either use the CD, or download the latest ones from the manufacturers web site.



Some cards will go straight online and download their own drivers, or windows certified versions.
The new video card will work even without drivers, but it will not have accelerations because it's driver is not yet installed.
Your operating system will use a generic video driver.
  • dog
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment