Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I changed my video card, but when I changed back I get no monitor output?

I changed out my video card yesterday. A friend of mine wanted me to test out one that he had so I went to do so. His card is an NVidia Geforce FX5200 128MB AGP. When I put his card in the monitor would not wake up on boot. I decided to put my card back in, thinking his card was shot. I have an NVidia GeForce 3 64MB AGP. When I tried to boot my computer normally, with my card, the monitor would not wake up. I have an old Expert Color S3 Trio/Virge 4MB PCI card I tried using in case the CMOS changed back to PCI video instead of AGP. Same thing happens. Monitor doesn't wake up. That's three video card and I can't even get to a boot screen to go into setup. The motherboard is getting power, I know, cause the fan's come on. Could a video card have messed up the MoBo though? I'm stumped on the problem. Any ideas on how to fix the issue?I changed my video card, but when I changed back I get no monitor output?
Well you should be having 2 video outputs.. one of your motherboard's and the other of your video card.. if you have assigned the video card as the output and then connect your monitor to the motherboard's video output.. you will get no signal :)I changed my video card, but when I changed back I get no monitor output?
It should not have messed up the motherboard, but your BIOS might have gotten confused. Try clearing the CMOS memory (usually a jumper on the motherboard by the CMOS Battery.
Definitely check your drivers. Same thing happened to me!

No comments:

Post a Comment