Saturday, November 13, 2010

Can i change a video card of my laptop?

I have a Satellite Toshiba A75-S209 laptop, i've had it for over a year and now i 've been interested in playing video games. I realized that i need better graphics, currently my laptop has : ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 IGP. I can tell now that it is not the best one out there, cause in order to play all my games i have to set everything to lowest detail, and i wondered if i increased my ram memory from 512, to 1.512 gb.. would my games run better? if not how much a good video card for a laptop would cost? and how hard it would be to install it?Can i change a video card of my laptop?
well, you could easily... just go to the nearest apartments by you, the ones where there are many ukrainian people, and you'll be sure to find a computer laying by the garbage. Drop it a couple times until it breaks, then take the video card out... take it home, drop your laptop a couple times until it opens, stick the card in and voila... (BEST ANSWER)Can i change a video card of my laptop?
If your asking the question, no. changing anything on a laptop is very time consuming and hard. just remember where your took your screws out from.



Technically, yes, your laptops videocard can be changed.
You need to find out if it is built into the board or not. My guess is it's built into the board and you will have to replace the motherboard. Which will cost a good penny, faster vcard will cause more heat and more heat = faster battery consumption. I would build a custom PC for gamming, not upgrade a laptop. You will probably spend 2x as much for the small components.
Yes, if your computer is up gradeable just take it to a computer repair sop you can trust, their are lot's of want to be tech. so be careful
Theoretically laptop video cards are upgradeable. But size and form factor is determined by each computer mfr. I checked Toshiba's site, you have integrated graphics, very common in laptops, and no upgrade slot. The answer to your question is no. The amount of memory used by the graphics is adjustable to 128mb from 64mb. That should help some. Increasing ram is almost always a good thing, adding 1gb of pc2700/ddr333 (what your laptop supports) should improve overall system performance.

Here is the link to Toshiba for the product specs of your laptop:

http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/



Try www.newegg.com for good prices on memory.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductLis



Hope this helps.
Don't try to upgrade.

It will be easier in my opinion to buy a new laptop that features nVidia MXM technology, which allows you to upgrade laptop graphics much more easily.

No comments:

Post a Comment