Sunday, November 14, 2010

Changing video card?

I have a really bad video card that will not play 95% of games. It came standard with my computer (Emachines). So my dad sent me his old one. It's a GeForceFX5900XT, it may not be the greatest, but anything is better than mine. But I have no idea how to switch them out. Could someone give me a walkthrough on what to do? And please be detailed. Also, please don't respond with ';pay someone else to do it';, if I wanted to pay someone I wouldn't be asking for help online.Changing video card?
http://www.waterwheel.com/Guides/how_to/Changing video card?
See if this helps: http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/ins
Make sure you have enough memory to run that video card on an emachine



also make sure the is an AGP slot to put the card in and the drivers are installed
It doesn't exist mystery, just put it on slot and the system will recognize the card.



vlw.
That's a decent card; as you say, not the greatest, but it's not bad at all. Whether or not it will work in your machine is another story; that is an AGP4x card - your machine has to support AGP4x or it will not work, period.



You're welcome to message me offline if you need help determining this. Doens't sound like this is something you shoudl be doing without help.

No comments:

Post a Comment