Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I access BIOS to change shared video memory values?

This is a follow up question to my last one. Just in case I cannot install another video card, I would love to know how I can edit the BIOS to increase my shared video memory. I would also like to know how to use the BIOS since I am such a NOOB with things like that. I know it is a broad subject but if I can know how to access the BIOS and change the shared memory, then I will be fine.Thank you for reading.How do I access BIOS to change shared video memory values?
Usually is the DEL key, some BIOS use the F1 or F2 key .

When you turn on the PC appears on screen a message like this: '; Press DEL to enter SETUP'; (DEL or the appropriate key depending on BIOS)



Check you mainboard manual to know how to change things in BIOS. there are some options that if changed the PC may not work properly, be careful.



If you don't have the manual and don't know the model of your mainboard download this program:

CPUZ http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

In the mainboard tab you'll find the exact name and model of your mainboard, search it in Yahoo or Google to find the manufacturer website to download the manual.



You'll see that's easy and simple once you read the mainboard manual in BIOS section.

No comments:

Post a Comment