Sunday, November 14, 2010

How much would it cost to change out the video card on my laptop?

I have a Presario V6700 Notebook PC, my current video card is Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, which has a very low video RAM and I can't play any of my favorite games Ive played on my friends computer, which I understand I need 512MB video RAM card. So my main question I guess is, can I get my card changed out for a better one, and if so, about how much would it cost for the card and how much to have it installed for me?How much would it cost to change out the video card on my laptop?
Unfortunately laptops aren't really made for games, so never really have decent graphics hardware unless you go for a high end machine. You 'could' in theory change the GPU but this would involve removing the old one and soldering in a different one, and there would be no guarantee that it would be compatible with your laptop. If you found someone to do this it would probably be very expensive anyway... Invest in a desktop, you can build your own for about 拢300 with some bargains from ebay...How much would it cost to change out the video card on my laptop?
You can not. It is part of the motherboard and there are no video card slots. you would need to replace the motherboard and probably the CPU.
Colinc is right, laptops don't have PCI expansion slots like desktops so you don't go changing anything attached to the motherboard. Unless you replace the whole thing. The parts would cost over $200 easily, and the labor on top of that can get pricey.



I charge $30/hr. for service, but a lot of my colleagues charge upwards of $75/hr.



So that job, I imagine would take at least 2 hours.



Hope this is helpful



http://trifutec.com

No comments:

Post a Comment