Tuesday, November 16, 2010

How do I change the ram size allotted for my video card?

I want to use more ram for my video card, but I don't know how to change it.How do I change the ram size allotted for my video card?
In your systems BIOS.





UPDATED RESPONSE:



F8 is not the correct key, that is for entering Windows Safe Mode. You're going to have to look at your computer manual to find the key to getting into the BIOS. On many computers it's either the ';Del'; F10, F2 or F4 keys. You must enter this BEFORE your system boots up...you can't enter the BIOS from within Windows.How do I change the ram size allotted for my video card?
You may have another option. Some vidoeo cards have a configuration utility that comes with the card and you may have the option to adjust it from within that utility. Give it a try.

Report Abuse


You need to unscrew the housing and add to the card slot. Don't replace it..
Try increasing the virtual memory of ur pc. Normally it should be double the size of RAM in ur PC.
press F8 or DEL key at startup and you'll enter the bios.



now find the video memory option and change it as you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment