Sunday, November 14, 2010

Installing new video card?

I have a motherboard with video integrated. So when I go to change video card, I went to BIOS and changed the video output to PCI-Express x16(which is what kind of card I got) The computer still loads up off the motherboard video. I have downloaded all the drivers.



How do see if computer acknowledges the video card and how do I activate the card?Installing new video card?
If ';Hacaka I '; suggestion does not work .....

Please add the model number of the motherboard %26amp; the video card you are installing, and we may be able to help you.



If you are unsure of it download this free utility ... it will identify the motherboard make %26amp; model:

http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php



regards,

Philip T



******

Added:



Okay ... from the info you give us I know that all hardware is compatible %26amp; that there are no jumpers to be changed for the card to work ... it is all done through the BIOS settings (exactly as you did).



One thing you can try is removing the new card %26amp; starting Windows as usual. Then go to ';programs'; in Control Panel %26amp; remove the Nvidia drivers for the on board card.



Once that's done shut down the PC %26amp; reinstall the new card.

(leave the VGA cable connected to the on baord card)

Start the PC....go into BIOS %26amp; change it to PCIe as default.

Restart.

(now connect the VGA cable to the new card).



This should do it.

(contact me if it doesn't)

*****Installing new video card?
Try attaching the monitor cable to your new PCI-e card.

If you can see video through that card it should be working fine

No comments:

Post a Comment