Sunday, November 14, 2010

Can I change the video card from a?

Okay, my laptop's motherboard recently fried. I set up my 6 year old desktop and noticed the screen colors were messed up, so I switched to a different monitor, it got a little better but it was still messed up. So I was wondering do desktop(around 6 years old) and laptops(%26lt;4 year old) have the same video card or can use the same. My desktop is a Windows XP Home edition and my laptop is a Toshiba Satelite. So Can I take the video card from my laptop and put it in my desktop? If so, how. Link to an article please, I haven't put flash on this computer yet.Can I change the video card from a?
The three most common video cards right no are PCI (old), PCI-e (most common), PCI-e 2.0 (newest usually high performance). Yours is most likely PCI-e. But you'll have to dbl check.



All three are only for desktops.Can I change the video card from a?
If you can figure out how to remove a video card that is built into the motherboard of a laptop and install it into a desktop, you will have done the impossible!
It is not possible to transfer a laptop video card to a desktop video card they are different types(hence the ';m'; at the end of a model name of a video card for a laptop). You can only transfer laptop to laptop stuff and desktop to desktop stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment