Sunday, November 14, 2010

I need help with my video card on my laptop?

well on this system requirments lab thingy i checked if i could run battlefield. it said i need 128mb video memory at least to run it and i only have 65.5mb. but then when i clicked on run and typed in dixdiag and i clicked on display. it said my aprrox total memory was 796mb GeForce 7150. so how come i cant run it? is there a way to change my video card memory? thxI need help with my video card on my laptop?
the GeForce 7150 is an integrated graphics chip without dedicated video ram. this graphics has to share all the video ram with the main memory. the 796mb that dxdiag shows would be the maximum that it can allocate from the main memory.



now it depends how much main memory your laptop has. this graphics can allocate approximately 1/8 of the main memory, so you must have at least 1gb to get 128mb video ram.



the amount of video ram the graphics can allocate is set in the BIOS. you can change this value (it's obviously set to 64mb at the moment). it should be possible to set it to 128mb if you have 1gb of main memory.I need help with my video card on my laptop?
you should just get a better video card

No comments:

Post a Comment