Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My video card used to work for something, but now it doesn't! Any help?

I like to play this one game - Wizard 101 - and I used to be able to play it on my laptop. It worked perfectly. Now, after the game was somehow deleted from my computer, and I haven't played it in about 6 months, the game won't play, and this pops up on my screen:



Initialization error: Direct3D renderer creation error: Creation failed: Invalid 3D device type



I think that either A) I have to pay for something or other so my 3D device will start working again, or B) Wizard101 changed the requirements for it's video cards.



I have a standard VGA Graphics Adapter, and I do not know how to change the video card for my laptop. Yes, I know, laptop video cards can rarely be changed, but I would still like to know what happened!My video card used to work for something, but now it doesn't! Any help?
Option B is most likely correct. Wizard 101 improved the game which resulted in a higher GPU requirement. Make sure when you're buying a laptop to avoid Intel graphics at all costs. ATi and nVidia GPUs are far superior, often for the same price.

No comments:

Post a Comment