Saturday, November 13, 2010

Can I change the video card on my laptop?

I've been wanting to change out the videocard on my lappy, but I'm not sure if I am able to. I have a Toshiba Satellite L3550-S7815 with an ATI 3100 graphics card. Does anyone know if I can change it out for something better? Also, if so, then which ones are compatible, or how would I go about finidng which ones would work. Thank you.Can I change the video card on my laptop?
Forget it. Your laptop has an integrated graphics processor. It can't be replaced. Besides, the motherboard has no MxM slot to plug in an optional GPU.Can I change the video card on my laptop?
NO WAY
No.
im afraid not. It is very difficult on a laptop. It would be very expensive anyway, so would be better off buying a new lappie with a good card. I had same prob.
If you found a similar motherboard with a better graphics on it (one that would fit exactly as your old one does from a better grade of laptop than yours) you might be able to get a new video card.

Doubt it would be worth the cost though.
There is no video card in a laptop. Most everything is on-board.

No comments:

Post a Comment