Sunday, November 14, 2010

How do I change my video card apature?

I read in a forum that changing my video card apature X2 could improve performance.



So my first question is how do I go about changing my video card apature?

My second question is would this be wise? My video card is a very old one ';Geforce5200';, I should also add that this card came stock with no heatsink or fan, didnt expect that when i opened my computer case up for the first time.



I ask because im not ready to buy a new computer yet and I play world of warcraft. Im trying to get the most out of this computer till i can afford to buy a new one.How do I change my video card apature?
This is usually done in the bios. Its the amount of shared ram that is set for video purposes. I doubt seriously that your game is going to run any better tho. The ONLY think that would help you is to turn down your resolution and graphics detail in the game.How do I change my video card apature?
If you had an integrated graphics, some motherboards will let you do that in the BIOS, but a discrete card has it's own RAM chips on it, and does not share the RAM with the system. I would not buy a new graphics card for an AGP port, I would save up for a new computer. It won't improve performance any way, it will just make it possible to turn the details on more, which in turn, could slow down your FPS if your card has a hard time displaying, let's say, 128MBs of visual data.

No comments:

Post a Comment